Empowering People through Behavioral Science

Documents Required at Award Stage

If you become an award winner as a result of this RFP, you may be required to provide revised versions of any or all proposal documents, a 1-page summary of your project written for lay audiences and suitable for publication, copies of your institution’s most recent audited financial statements, and some of the following additional documents (detailed below) as applicable: IRB or IACUC approval letters; evidence of tax-exempt status, or a consulting and expenditure responsibility agreement. All award winners will be prompted to submit such additional materials after the results of the grant competition are announced in December 2013. As individual projects progress, Principal Investigators are required to submit brief progress and financial reports every three months. All documents must be submitted in English, and all budget information must be in U.S. dollars.

  1. IRB and IACUC Approvals

    Evidence of Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval (or submission for approval) for research involving human subjects is required. Evidence of approval from your Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is required for any research involving animals. Please submit your IRB and IACUC requests early, and in the event they have not been fully approved by the time of full proposal submission on September 15, 2013, please be sure to note the date, status, and assurance number of the pending approval on your cover sheet. If your project is selected for an award, you will be required to submit your current IRB or IACUC Letter of Approval. Documentation of IRB and/or IACUC approval authorization will be required before initial payment may be made. Please note that if you are using human or animal subjects, you must be affiliated with an institution since these studies require approvals from your institution’s IRB or IACUC.

  2. Tax-exempt Status

    At the award stage, you need to provide evidence of tax-exempt status from your sponsoring institution. 501(c)(3) organizations must include copies of IRS determination letters and EIN (Employer Identification Number, also referred to as a Federal Tax Identification Number). If you are not affiliated with a university or non-profit institution, you must submit a consulting and expenditure responsibility agreement.


Next section: Other Terms and Conditions


Design By: