Empowering People through Behavioral Science
The Forums at New Paths to Purpose | Tips on how purpose can take everyday life from good to great

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

General Discussions

Welcome to the New Paths to Purpose discussion forums. In each forum below, we welcome you to offer your thoughts, questions, and insights about the human experience of purpose, and about related research. Together, we hope to build here a new, diverse community that will help advance scientific understandings of purpose and find new ways to enhance its benefits to humanity. Enjoy!

Sign In to Reply    

Tips on how purpose can take everyday life from good to great

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-03-08

PM

A little while ago, spurred by Groundhog Day and recollection of the movie of the same name, Forbes blogger and NPP Associate Fellow Michael Lindenmayer came up with some very nice suggestions for experiencing greater purpose and happiness in everyday life. Check out his blog post about them here, and let us know which suggestions you like the most!

(We like Lesson 5 a lot, especially in light of the recent research from NPP member Ayelet Fishbach and Maferima Toure-Tillery indicating that it can indeed be difficult to remember that it is worthwhile and important to put our best efforts into work at every stage—even in the middle of a long process, when we can easily fall into a kind of “slump.”)

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-03-13

PM

Thank you for sharing this post. I like the lesson 4 the most, that everyone matters in our daily lives. It seems to me that Dr. Lindenmayer sets his purpose in life not only for his own success but also embracing others’ happiness as one of his goals. I admire his courage and warmth and hope more of us could learn from him! Sincerely, Koko

Design By: